Posted on April 23 2020
Simple Wreath Salads are an easy way to decorate your table and offer a fresh healthy dish for your holiday feast! Try this seasonal combination featuring the best seasonal fruits and vegetables for the winter:
For the Salad:
- Mixed Leafy Greens
- Gala, Pink Lady or Fuji Apple
- Tangerine Segments
- Red Beets
- Pomegranate Seeds
- Raw Pecan Pieces
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp Olive or Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Stone-ground Mustard
- 1 tbsp Raw Agave
- Whisk salad dressing ingredients together. (This quantity serves 4, you can easily double or triple the batch as needed for the centerpiece of your wreath)
- Clean all the lettuces and dry well.
- Cut the beet into 1/4 inch thick segments and then using a star cookie cutter press into star shapes.
- Slice the apple into 8 equal segments around the core. Then slice each segment into thin pieces. Or if you have a mandolin available slice into 1/8 inch slices on the mandolin or using the Choisons® V-Slicer.
- Prepare the pomegranate seeds by removing any segments of skin still remaining.
- Lay out on a round plate around the edges a base of mixed lettuces.
- Then layer around each topping ingredient until your wreath is formed.
- Chill until ready to serve.