Posted on April 23 2020
Pesto Eggplant Appetizers in the Sedona® Dehydrator!
For the Layers:
- 2 cups chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1 large eggplant
- For the Pesto Sauce:
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
For the Bell Pepper Tapenade:
- 1 large bell pepper
- 4 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In the Glass Personal Blender® with vacuum canister blend both sauces separately.
- In a mid-sized mixing bowl, toss the chopped cremini mushrooms with 1/2 cup of the pesto sauce.
- Let the mushrooms sit and slice 12 thin rounds of eggplant.
- Line a dehydrator tray with a non-stick drying sheet and fill each round with 2 tbsp of mushroom mix.
- Lay side by side, so they easily hold each other up. Dehydrate at 125ºF for 4 hours. During this time, the food temp never exceeds 118ºF, but stays up over 105ºF for safe dehydrating.
- When the time is done, top each eggplant appetizer with fresh pesto dollop and red bell pepper dollop. Serve garnished with fresh basil and a pinch of sea salt!