Cilantro Sesame Mushroom Stir Fry
Mushrooms are also a great source of protein and a perfect combination with high protein tofu or other protein sources like beans, nuts, greens and seeds! You can easily prep mushrooms in advance using your dehydrator. Try this easy grain-free high protein stir-fry this week as a great meal to enjoy fresh that also saves well. Pack 2 more servings for easy grab and go entrees to lunch on.
Total time: N/A
By: Jenny Ross
2 cups oyster mushrooms
2 cups high protein tofu
2 cups curly kale
½ cup green onions
¼ cup cilantro
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
2 Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, sesame oil, and rice vinegar.
- Pull apart the oyster mushrooms lengthwise for long, thin strips.
- Toss the mushrooms in the coconut aminos mix.
- Dehydrate the mushrooms for 1 hour at 118°F to use in recipe or add them to the wok in step 5 with the coconut aminos first, adding the other items to follow in steps 6-9.
- In a wok or a skillet, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and then the mushrooms, green onions, and cilantro. Then begin to mix together on medium heat.
- Slice the tofu lengthwise and add into the mix.
- Sear the whole mix on high for about 3 minutes.
- In a mid-sized mixing bowl, toss the kale with 1 Tbsp olive oil.
- Place the kale mix followed by the stir-fry mix on a plate and enjoy.