Raw Shaved Brussels Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing
Brussels Sprouts are a rich source of iron and important strength building minerals and they are the base of this non-traditional salad that can double as a great vegetable side dish. This dish can also be made in advance, so it helps to reduce any stress around entertaining or joining in to that next potluck style celebration. The additional ingredients in this salad help to boost the protein power of this salad to 14 grams per serving!
Total time: 15 mins
By: Jenny Ross
2/3 cup olive oil
1/8 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 pinch sea salt
4 cups shaved brussels sprouts
1 cup shallots, cut thin into rings
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- First prepare the dressing recipe by blending in the Mason Jar Ready Personal Blender II. Blend right into the mason jar, lid and store until ready to use. This dressing will save up to 14 days in the refrigerator so you may want to create a double batch!
- Optional A: Prepare the shallots in a small sauté pan over low heat by sautéing with 1 tbsp olive oil until well browned.
Option B: If you prefer to keep your salad all raw we recommend tossing the shallots in a pinch of sea salt and the raw olive oil and let sit until ready to serve. As they sit they will soften nicely!
- Then in a large mixing bowl combine the raw shaved Brussels sprouts and 2/3 cup of dressing, then toss until well coated. Let sit for 40 minutes before serving for best results.
- Toss into the salad the pumpkin seeds and then place the mix onto a platter for serving.
- Top with shallots and pomegranate seeds and serve with additional dressing on the side. Enjoy!