Posted on April 23 2020
Holiday Vegan Brownies
#Veganbrownies that are to live for! Try these simple and delicious raw vegan brownies by Chef Jenny Ross in your Sedona® Food Dehydrator and share with family and friends all season long!
Makes 8 servings
Brownie Base Ingredients:
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup raw agave or coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Process all the ingredients in a food processor with the s-blade attachment in place.
- Once a "dough ball" forms remove from the food processor.
- On a basic dehydration tray lined with a silicone drying sheet, form the dough into a 5 inch square. The square should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dehydrate at 115°F for 3 hours.
- Remove and let cool before topping with frosting.
- 2 cups avocado
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/3 cup raw agave or coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Water as needed*
For best results, blend all ingredients on high under vacuum protection in the Dynapro® Commercial Vacuum Blender. This blend can also be achieved in the Glass Personal Blender®, but be sure to add the liquids last so they will be closest to the blades during the blending cycle. If the mix is too thick you can add 2 tbsp of water at a time to thin out.* Product will vary depending on the avocados.
Remove frosting and top brownies. Chill for 1 hour before serving in the refrigerator or for a more fudge like layer on top in the freezer. Enjoy for up to 7 days if kept refrigerated.
Chef Tip: Make a double batch of the frosting and use as a "chocolate dip" on fresh fruits for up