Açai bowls are not only delicious, but high in nutrition. This recipe shows you how you can make an açai “bowl” for when you're on-the-go by using glass jars. You can even use lids to store these sweet treats for later. There is a lot of customization possible with this recipe, so feel free to mix and match the toppings according to your own tastes.
Total time: 15 mins
By: Jenny Ross
1 pack frozen acai pulp
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup coconut water
1 banana, sliced
1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
1/2 kiwi, sliced
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup granola
coconut flakes (optional)
- Run warm water in the sink over the frozen acai pulp pack for about 5 seconds to soften it.
- Prepare your toppings by cutting 1/2 of a kiwi, 1/2 of a banana, and 1/4 cup of strawberries into slices.
- For the puree, put the 1 banana into the blender first. Then put in the rest: acai pulp, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 cup frozen strawberries, and 1/2 cup coconut water.
- Close the lid, and use the 60 Second Combo Mode. Alternatively, you can also manually blend on low for 15 seconds and then on high until you get a smooth consistency.
- Pour the puree into a mug about halfway.
- For the toppings, add in your various sliced fruits, such as the kiwi, banana, and strawberry.
- Add blueberries, granola, and optionally, coconut flakes.
- Serve and enjoy, or put a lid on to store for later!