Posted on April 22 2020
Sproutman’s Super Green Smoothie Recipe
Makes about 1½ cups (375 ml)
If the flavor of the greens in this drink is too much for you, neutralize it by adding more tomato or a peeled cucumber. Baby kale or baby spinach are more delicately flavored than their mature counterparts.
- Handful of Alfalfa Sprouts
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped tomato
- ¾ cup (185 ml) chopped parsley
- 1½ cups (375 ml) loosely-packed baby spinach or kale
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (15 to 30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 ml) tamari
Blend ingredients together at a low power setting to minimize oxidation. If you’re interested in learning about blending in an oxygen-free environment (vacuum blending), look into the Dynapro® Vacuum Blender. It includes a vacuum sealable lid which allows you to remove all excess oxygen from the carafe before blending. A non-oxygenated blend will have better flavor, vibrant color, increased nutrient density, a more consistent texture, and prolonged storage.
Freshlife® 3000 Automatic Sprouter
Dynapro® Commercial Vacuum Blender